Saturday, March 13, 2010

Show at Freshy's in West Seattle 3/11/2010























My friend Amber who owns Freshy's coffee shop in West Seattle asked me to put up some art. This was my first show of new work in Seattle in over three years. I made a series of small postcard sized paintings inspired by my 2 month journey across the US of A.

http://www.freshyscoffee.com


22 4x6 and 5x7 postcard sized paintings in all. The series is meant to tell a story, however each painting also stands on its own. They are each selling for $125. The whole series is $1700. It all started with a velvet painting of a moonlit desert landscape that I found in Albuquerque NM. I added a little pink bug-like character and that was the idea that spawned the rest of the series. The velvet painting is $250. Images of the velvet panting will be up as soon as I get back to Freshy's with a stepstool and some extra lights.

West Seattle has an art walk every 2nd Thursday of each month. Despite the fact that Freshy's is a bit of a hike from the hub of the art walk, on a cold rainy night there was an amazing turn-out. Jessica, Jimmy, Isis, Maya, Jeff, Kelly, Michael, Brooke, Tim, Eli, Brenda, Tim, Chris, Tasha, Brian, Jason, Nate, Jon and Susan - Thanks to Amber and Jen for rolling out the red carpet. thank you all for coming down. It was great to see so many friendly faces. After the reception Tim, Nate, Eli, Jason and I continued the celebration at the Viking Tavern in Ballard.

The photos are a bit blurry. My lighting wasn't so good. Stay tuned for an update soon with better quality pix.

1 comment:

Ruby Re-Usable said...

damn, sorry I missed the Arts Walk, I was in Ballard, part of the jury for the Seattle ReStore's Recycled Art Show ... pics look cool, hope I can swing by to West Seattle and see them in person!