Monday, September 1, 2008

Squeaky Clean: what ever happened to those orange pieces of wood with the blue dots?

SOLD







SOLD

10 acrylic paintings on wood are now showing at the Chelsea Wine Vault in the Chelsea Market on 9th Ave West between 15th and 16th streets in NYC. www.chelseawinevault.com. My good friend Matt Barteluce has been too kind to let me show my work there for the month of September. The reception will be Friday September 12th from 6-8pm. With a little overlap there will be a free wine tasting from 4-7 that afternoon featuring wines from Italy. All the more reason to go.

This series of 10 paintings are studies of vintage rubber bath toys from the 1950's and 60's. I collect these odd little critters and thought it was high time to give them props. I really like the way the grain and various imperfection of each wood piece enhances the image that is superimposed. I was asked to do a 'clean' show in the sense of not illustrating anything too controversial. Not everything I do has boobies, monkeys, robots or robot monkey boobies and this little exhibit clearly shows I am able to make a cohesive collection of weird little critters that will please the entire family.

Hence this show is titled Squeaky Clean.

Each painting is selling for the amazingly reasonable price of $125. Paintings can be purchased at the Wine Vault or through my Paypal account.

1 comment:

The GrungeCake Crisis Magazine said...

Congrats lad. We love the collection!