Sunday, August 3, 2008

Velvet Goldmine


I'm putting the finishing touches on 23 portraits of musical artists who have really inspired me. The paintings are all on black velvet. No Elvii here, no sireee! These artists are all innovators and have truly unique visions. They are all people who became successful doing what they do for the simple love of doing it. I could keep making portraits as there are hundreds of musicians that influence me, but I only have so much time and space for this particular show. The people portrayed in this series as a whole collectively are responsible for shaping my musical tastes and strongly influence my painting style as my work is painted in a rhythmic manner to the tunes on my stereo and in my head.

The show will up in September at Saints and Sinners Tattoo in Baltimore's Fells Point neighborhood. The reception is Friday September 5th from 5pm to 9pm. This show is part of the Fells Point Art Loop. I will be posting the whole shebang in about a week.

No comments: