Monday, May 12, 2008

Remembering STUFF Cafe & Collectibles





It's almost been 3 years since I closed the doors to my cafe in Seattle: STUFF Cafe & Collectibles.
STUFF was ahead of its time, big time. For those of you who don't know about it, STUFF was a collectible shop that specialized in mid-late 20th century pop culture, kitsch and just plain weird shit. STUFF offered the finest espresso, pizza, soup and desserts. There was live music 5 days a week. I could make an entire blog on the cafe alone. I have enough pictures to keep a daily blog into the next decade. I wanted to include the cafe on my art blog because it was an interactive art installation as well as a business. I featured locally made art, clothing and jewelry as well as gallery style shows. The design of the cafe itself was a 3D version of my paintings. The images are from a Japanese magazine called Lightning. I have to dig around for the English translation.
A posthumous blog for STUFF will be a reality soon.

No comments: