Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring is finally here!


I am looking forward to getting back outside and drawing the vibrant life on the streets of
NYC. Inspired by the slightly warming climate and extended daylight hours more images drawn from life on the sidewalks will be coming soon, Today's post is something I pulled from an old sketchbook. John the Can Man was a 5 year old child in a 50 year old man's body. He would walk around my hood collecting aluminum cans to sell at the recycler. This was made in front of Cafe Bambino in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. I like the NYU Sweatshirt he's wearing. Found it funny that now I'm living in NY and the recycling is considered an annoying option.

The art shows I participated in were awesome! At the Avenue A Sushi event I tried to take pictures but it was too dark and the flash from my camera only washed out the work so I had to let that one go. At the Zealous opening, I got so caught up in the moment as I was excited to actually meet other artists living in the Bronx that taking photos just slipped my mind.

No comments: